Charges Involving Basic Drug Possession
If you were caught with drugs on your person, you may feel that a conviction is unavoidable. This is not true. Defences exist — and our job at Der Barristers is to find them for you.
Our lawyers have been fighting drug charges for years in Calgary, Alberta and beyond. We\’ve served both as prosecutors and defence attorneys. We know what it takes to gain a conviction and also how to fend one off. For drug possession charges, our goal is to gain a complete acquittal wherever possible.
Knowledge, Care And Control
The success of a drug possession trial may depend on a few key points. All of these questions must be examined carefully:
- Was the substance actually an illegal drug?
- Did you know that you had the substance on your body?
- Even so, were you aware that it was an illicit drug?
- What measure of control did you have over the drug?
Some of our clients were caught in compromising circumstances through no fault of their own. They may have been wearing someone else\’s clothing or watching over their baggage. The substance may have been planted. Drugs may have been found in a car rather than on the individual\’s person. Analyzing these fine details can make the difference between a conviction or an acquittal.
Call Us To Arrange A Confidential Consultation
Our lawyers can help you understand the charges, the potential penalties and the defence options available to you. Contact our office to arrange an appointment. Call 403-910-1452 or request an appointment via email.
- GHOST GUNS
- Indictable versus summary offences: What you need to know
- Driver charged in Humboldt Broncos bus crash
- DER Barristers caught RCMP fatal error
- Balfour Der – manslaughter not murder for Allan Shyback
Contact Our Team Of Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyers
2650, 645 – 7th Ave S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 4G8