Challenging The Validity Of Search Warrants
While investigating criminal activity, the police may use a variety of special techniques. Not all of them are carried out legally. If these resulted in the laying of your drug charge, the police may have violated your constitutional rights.
When fighting drug charges, calling out such infringements can serve as a key defence. At Der Barristers, our lawyers practise solely in criminal law in Calgary, Alberta, and beyond. We can evaluate your Charter rights and enforce your right to fair treatment.
Holding The Authorities Accountable To Justice
Some of the methods police use in drug investigations include search warrants, wire taps, sting operations or other undercover techniques. Whatever the tactic, it must be legal.
We know where to find errors, particularly in the use of search warrants. Some of these should not have been granted in the first place. If such applies to your case, we will find it out. We can investigate such factors as:
- Whether the police used accurate information to gain approval for the warrant
- Whether the police had reasonable grounds to conduct the search
- What the scope of the warrant included and whether police actions surpassed these
If an abuse of power occurred, we will present the facts and work concertedly to have the evidence harvested from the search excluded in your trial.
Contact Us For A Case Evaluation
Our lawyers can quickly assess your case, possible defences and your chances. Call us for an appointment at 403-910-1452 or via email.
- GHOST GUNS
- Indictable versus summary offences: What you need to know
- Driver charged in Humboldt Broncos bus crash
- DER Barristers caught RCMP fatal error
- Balfour Der – manslaughter not murder for Allan Shyback
Contact Our Team Of Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyers
2650, 645 – 7th Ave S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 4G8