Defence In The Entire Range Of Impaired Driving Charges
While \”impaired driving\” is sometimes used to describe the entirety of drinking and driving charges, it is actually a separate offence in itself. Impaired driving relates to how a person is physically and does not depend on how high a person\’s blood alcohol level is. In order to prove impaired driving, there must be evidence demonstrating that the driver\’s ability to operate the vehicle was impaired to some degree.
Like all drinking and driving offences a conviction means a fine or possible jail time, a criminal record, increase in insurance rates and loss of your driver\’s license. All of these punishments are serious and can very negatively impact your life.
Defending Impaired Driving Charges
Our senior attorneys have fought hundreds of criminal law cases throughout Calgary, Alberta, and beyond. As former Crown prosecutors, we can draw on comprehensive, objective insights that few criminal defence lawyers have. Backed by this rare knowledge and skill, we can help you face the charges with a solid, thoroughly prepared defence strategy in place.
From minor cases to the complex, our lawyers can help you fight impaired driving and other related charges, including:
- Driving while impaired by alcohol
- Driving under the influence of recreational, illicit or prescription drugs
- Driving with blood-alcohol level over 80
- Refusing a roadside test
- Refusing a breathalyzer, urine or bodily fluid test
- Related charges, such as dangerous driving and careless driving
In cases where death or injury result, the punishment is dramatically increased – usually resulting in jail and lengthy loss of licence.
Call Us To Arrange A Confidential Consultation
Our lawyers are ready to consult on your case. Call us at 403-234-8824 or email us to arrange an appointment.
- GHOST GUNS
- Indictable versus summary offences: What you need to know
- Driver charged in Humboldt Broncos bus crash
- DER Barristers caught RCMP fatal error
- Balfour Der – manslaughter not murder for Allan Shyback
Contact Our Team Of Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyers
2650, 645 – 7th Ave S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 4G8